- This guidebook sets out the entry arrangements for persons who wish to enter/stay in the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region (HKSAR) for employment as professionals.
- Applicants who have obtained a degree or higher qualification in a full-time and locally accredited program in Hong Kong (hereafter “non-local graduates”) may apply to stay/return and work in the HKSAR under the “Immigration Arrangements for Non-local Graduates” (hereafter “IANG”).
- Applicants who are not non-local graduates but possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in the HKSAR may apply to come to work under the General Employment Policy (hereafter “GEP”). The GEP does not apply to Chinese residents of the Mainland.
- Chinese residents of the Mainland who are not non-local graduates but possess special skills, knowledge or experience of value to and not readily available in the HKSAR may apply to come to work under the Admission Scheme for Mainland Talents and Professionals (hereafter “ASMTP”).
- The IANG, GEP and ASMTP are all quota-free and non-sector specific. Apart from professionals in the commercial and financial fields, they are also applicable to talent and professionals in the arts, culture and sport sectors as well as those in the culinary profession with a view to enhancing Hong Kong’s status as an Asian world city.
- The above entry arrangements do not apply to nationals of Afghanistan, Albania, Cambodia, Cuba, Laos, Korea (Democratic People’s Republic of), Nepal and Vietnam.
IMMIGRATION ARRANGEMENTS FOR NON-LOCAL GRADUATES (IANG)
- Non-local graduates here refer to persons from outside the HKSAR who have obtained a degree or higher qualification in a300 full-time and locally accredited programme in Hong Kong.
- Non-local graduates who submit applications to the Immigration Department within six monthsafter the date of their graduation (i.e. the date shown on their graduation certificates) are classified as non-local fresh graduates.
- Non-local graduates who submit applications beyond six months of the date of their graduationare classified as returning non-local graduates.
- Non-local fresh graduates who wish to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR are not required to secure an offer of employment upon application. They may be granted 12 months’ stay on time limitation without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met. Those who intend to apply to stay and work in the HKSAR but have not yet secured the graduation result may apply for extension of stay to wait for the promulgation of results. Non-local fresh graduates who have not yet obtained their graduation certificate could apply to stay and work by producing a proof from the institution confirming that he/she has graduated.
- Returning non-local graduates who wish to return to work in the HKSAR are required to secure an offer of employment upon application. The applications will be favourably considered so long as the job is at a level commonly taken up by degree holders and the remuneration package is set at market level. They may be granted 12 months’ stay on time limitation without other conditions of stay provided that normal immigration requirements are met.
Our services fee:
- Free consultation for related immigration scheme
- Free preliminary assessment of the successful rate for the case
- Preparation of required documents
- Filling of the specified application form on behalf of client
- Submission of application to Immigration Department
- Liaison with immigration officer and follow up the case until obtaining result
Room D-F, 17/F, No.8 Hart Avenue, Tsim Sha Tsui, Hong Kong
Unit 1504, 15/F, Strand 50, 50 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan, Hong Kong
Connect with us
Subscribe to today’s newsletter